Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thursday = Success!!!!

So, it worked out for us to go to the Y together this morning!!! Lexy and I were both VERY excited about that!.... Well, at 5 am how excited can you really be... But we both admitted that neither one of us would have gotten a workout in if not for the other! Accountability is SO much a part of being disciplined, faithful and successful in things!! (What a good testimony to apply to other areas of my life--for instance, spiritual matters, which are more important by far!!!) Since we had taken the past three days off, and Lexy will be out of town tomorrow, we did a cardio day today (with some abs at the end, of course!) So, we did about 45 minutes of cardio. I chose treadmill for 25 minutes and elliptical for 20. I just read something on the elliptical this morning, that it's good for people with knee problems, especially, because it's easier on the joints than a treadmill. Also, when you add the upper body--if the machine has handle bars to work with--it's a great workout!... The machine I used actually did not have the handle bars, but it was still a good article that I read!:) Anyway, I'm going to try and do something at home in the a.m. I'm thankful we got a good workout today!!!!.... Oh, another thing.... first, I will admit I don't have much authority to speak on this, but just wanted to throw it out there.... Have you ever thought about what makes our bodies do what they're supposed to do?... You know, digest food properly, excrete it, use it for energy, etc. I know there are many different theories and ways to help, but something I've found most successful in this particular area of my life is consistently drinking a TON of water (well, try 2-3 32 oz. nalgenes full---so, 64 to 96 oz. at least!). And exercising is something else that keeps the body on track!!! Just by getting back on track today, sparing the raw details, I've already felt my body getting back to normal and my systems all in working order!... (SO SORRY if this is weirding anyone out!:) Anyway, just something I was thinking about and wondered if anyone else had experienced these kinds of things or had any other input.... I guess to sum up, eating as healthy as possible, drinking LOTS of water and getting regular exercise really does a body good!!!!....

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I 100% agree with you. It's funny because when Kris and I go on vacation we don't get near the water intake or exercise that we normally get. Then our bodies act completely different and don't do the "normal" things that they normally do.
I have always been a water drinker. People laugh at me because I don't go anywhere with a water bottle. But I know that it does a body good (especially as bas a I sweat!) I drink anywhere from 4-6 liters a day, of course...I'm also in the bathroom alot. They say that for every caffinated beverage you have you should have an additional 8 oz of water. I drink so much coffee, therefore, I have to drink more water. :)
Keep up the hard work. I'm proud of you!

MamaHen Em said...

Is it OK if I start hanging around over here, too? I have been lurking for a few days :) I love that you and Todd and Sarah are all posting basically the same things. What a great support group to have.

I'm- a thinking I should be drinking less coffee and more water!

Sara said...

you are MORE than welcome here, mamahenclucks!! the more encouragement i get the BETTER!!! thanks!!:) i strongly believe water is the BEST for SO many things! i haven't read the book, but someone told me about a book called (something like) "you're not sick, you're thirsty"--i totally agree! i drink a TON of water, and don't get sick too often... i know that's not the only reason, but i'm sure it's a big contributor!