Friday, September 5, 2008

How to Define Success

As I was working out this morning (this is horrible!) but I was thinking about what my blog entry for today was going to be!... Anyway, I was thinking back over these past several months since I started this journey, and it hit me!!! I have definitely had success!!!! I don't always have this perspective because I don't always see results and I certainly am too hard on myself at times. But while I was running a 5k and shaved another minute off my time, I thought, "Wow! A few months ago I couldn't even run a whole 5k!!" And that to me is success! I'm getting somewhere--getting stronger, leaner and losing weight! Isn't that what this is all about??.... Getting my body back to it's healthiest state?? You may remember a few weeks ago when I shaved 30 seconds off, running the 5k in 33.5 minutes.... Well, today I ran it in 32.5 minutes!! It's nice be reminded of these things sometimes... I get a little overwhelmed when I think of how far I still have to go! Because you know what? I'M TIRED!!!!... But when I look back and see how far I've come, it gives me confidence and motivation to keep pressing on!...

Isn't life like this??.... For anyone who may not know, my husband and I have the privilege of being in the ministry--serving Jesus Christ!!! Often we find ourselves worn out, frustrated, questioning what we're doing, tired, and even wrestling with quitting.... but when we reflect on how far God has brought us and all that we've seen him do in our lives and in the lives of SO many, the flame is reignited to press on and "run the race," as Paul encourages us to do! So, for anyone out there who is struggling right now--in a relationship, in ministry, in your every day routine, even in working out!--I pray this encourages you today! I pray your flame is reignited, and God gives you a renewed passion to press on!!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

This is so inspiring! I tend to get caught up in the moment and forget about how far I've come. We were actually watching and labeling our home videos and looking back at myself then showed me just how far I've come. This is the encouragement that I needed - thank you!

MamaHen Em said...

What an encouraging post today! I love that you are able to see the progress that you are making and also, that you are able to keep things in the perspective of things eternal.

Thanks for such an uplifting reminder today!

Hope said...

Wonderfully inspiring post Sara!