Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Last Two Days....

Well, Wednesday did not happen!.... It's kind of a crazy day for me! Alexis and I can't go to the Y in the morning, and then between Z's school and my class just a couple of hours afterward, it's really hard to get a work out in!... But usually I take that day off anyway. It's just that since I took Monday off, I wanted to try and get another workout in this week... Oh well.... Today has been a much better day as far as eating goes for me! And I did do a 20 minutes pilates video! I had planned on doing more of a workout than that, but as the day worked itself out, it just wasn't possible!.... I do need to share this story... So, here goes....

Okay, this morning around 9:30 am we headed into town to go to Wal-Mart. I know, some of you probably hate Wal-Mart, but please don't judge me for loving it!!! Anyway, it's been cold and dreary here the past couple of days, so we were trying to get out of the car into a hopefully dry cart, and into the store as quickly as possible! So, all three of the kiddos were out of the car, my daughter was in the large part of the cart, so I grabbed my purse (keys inside!) and threw it back into the car to grab the baby. While all this was happening, my oldest hopped out and was standing right next to me while I was getting the baby buckled safely into the cart. Before I even knew what was happening, sure enough, as you've probably guessed, my adorable son shut the door! Which, of course, was already locked...purse inside... keys inside.... So, I let out a small cry, then sighed with my hands covering my face.... And decided we had to head inside where it was dry, warm and there would hopefully be a phone I could use! (Because, yes, my phone was in my purse as well!) So, we headed inside, and the sweet service desk lady let me use her personal cell phone to try and call my husband who was not quite out of class yet.... So, I called the school where a very sweet lady tried very hard to help me out!... As it was, hubby was tied up for a while having NO idea the tragedy we were having... I couldn't fill up the cart, because I was going to have to leave the store to get my purse and wallet! Plus, anything cold would have had to wait not knowing how long all this would take! So, to say the least, roughly 2 hours later, daddy finally came to the rescue of some VERY hungry babies and a worn out mama!!! But since we were at the store, we went ahead and grabbed a few things! All this to say, by the time we got home.... working out was not exactly what I had in mind! However, after some lunch and a little chill time, I wanted to do something!... Okay, there's my story!...

3 comments:

Meghan said...

OK. You just lived through one of my worst nightmares! Thank goodness your kids were out of the car and not in it! You poor, poor girl...you get the super mom award for the day for sure!

Tammy said...

I would say...THAT WAS A WORKOUT! My thoughts exactly Meghan,....Thank God the kids were not in the car! I hate that feeling when you know you just did something that was an "oh no!" moment. God always works it out though! Thats when you just think of the good....everyone is ok and healthy..etc...and this too will pass!

Sarah said...

All I can say is bless you heart!! What a nightmare. That would be enough to stress me out for a good month or so.

Working out for the day would be the least of my worries! I'm just glad you got through the day after all that happened.