Sunday, October 4, 2009

A New Leaf....

Well, as you can see from my posts... or lack there of... my workout routine has been..well...non-existent! Actually, we went about 9 months without internet. Since January. From January to around May I worked out on and off, here and there. Then this summer, my husband and I started P90X. We did it for about 5 weeks or so, then the summer got crazy, we put our house on the market and began preparations to move out of the country! So, life took over, and I worked out less and less.

Presently, we are in Edinburgh, Scotland. I have decided that I am ready to get back to working out on a consistent basis.... So, my plan for now is to work out 3 days a week. Our schedule is pretty crazy right now, our flat is small, and my resources are limited. But I do have the P90X dvd's, just not everything I need to do all of them. There are a few that I can do, however--the kempo, yoga, cardioX, abripperX, etc. So, my goal is to workout Monday, Wednesday and Friday each week while we're here. Once we get back to the States and get settled I want to start running again and work out more than 3 times a week. But I feel that's a good start for now!

Also, I am trying to have a good perspective in all of this... I do feel that I've lost some of my tone.. well, a lot of my tone.... but I haven't put on weight--well, maybe a couple of pounds, but not like I expect. (Does that even make sense?) Anyway, I am wanting to get some routine, structure, accountability, and motivation to get back into some good eating habits and some regular exercise! That's the goal of re-boosting this blog! (Not that anyone will check it...) But in the chance that anyone happens upon this, I would appreciate encouragement and any advice. Thanks!

And "Cheers," from Scotland!

P.S. Oh, and one more thing... I just turned 30--like 2 days ago! So, I keep thinking, now that I'm 30 shouldn't I have something to say??... I may use this platform to write about other things sometimes too.... We'll just see whether that happens or not.... But I did want to at least throw that out there!....

No comments: